It is rewarding to take a social and ethical responsibility
We make a continuous effort to reduce the negative impacts on our internal as well as on our external environment. We only use recycled paper, and we take responsibility for our emissions. In our production, we only make use of environmentally approved. We are convinced that our concern for the external environment as well as our focus on staff development, human rights, health and safety and other aspects of social responsibility affect our business in a positive direction. Skjern Papirfabrik is environmentally approved under DS/EN ISO 14001.
Since 1994 Skjern Papirfabrik has established principles and guidelines for the mill’s environmental work. During the years Skjern Papirfabrik have made huge investments in optimization of the energy usage, waste water treatment as well as production of district heating.
This is in compliance with our Environmental policy:
Skjern Papirfabrik A/S Environmental policy
In accordance with our business strategy Skjern Papirfabrik will contribute to the protection of the environment and will prevent pollution on the surrounding environment.
This is achieved, among others, by utilising raw materials and energy in the best possible way, and by reducing emissions produced from the mill’s processes.
Skjern Papirfabrik will reduce our company’s environmental impacts by
• Having an open communication about the environmental burdens associated with the company’s processes and products.
• Making sure that staff members act in an environmentally responsible way.
• Having positive and open cooperation with supervisory authorities.
• Complying with relevant legislation and other binding commitments that the company has endorsed.
• Ensuring ongoing environmental improvements, regardless of the fact that regulatory requirements have already been met.
• Setting up quantifiable environmental targets and action plans and following up on them.
• Carrying out environmental assessments of new projects and new auxiliary materials.
• Ensuring to the largest possible extent the recovery of waste products.
• Encouraging staff members to participate in preventive environmental work.
• Ensuring that buyers of the company’s products are informed of environmental issues associated with the manufacture of the company’s products.